Advanced Strategy: Boss Fights
Our aim in Boss Fights is to deal 30% of the bosses HP as damage 100% of the time. Not every account can achieve this goal against every boss but over time all accounts should become more effective. There are a few strategies that work especially well for achieving this goal but what strategies you can employ is based on what heroes and talents you have available.
Due to the significance of Pumpkin Duke(PD) for boss fights, all but one strategy revolves around him. The ideal approach for you to take to your boss fight varies based on what heroes you have available, how many hero bases you have and what talents your heroes have.
Double stack, triple stack and the like refer to total number of affects active. I.E a triple stack from PD means he you currently have 3 active PD buffs.
Stunlocks are the easiest way to defeat the boss, especially for Boss 3, because it stops him from being able to stun your heroes. Due to the attack speed rounding difference on Android, players on that platform have a much harder time Stunlocking the boss than on the other platforms. If you are doing Boss 1 or 2 stunlocking is unnecessary, you only need to have enough stun/debuff to survive the full 3 minutes and deal max damage.
- PD at 7/9 minimum.
- Unless your PD is 8/9 you will require Cupid 5/9.
- Some people will require a way to start their stun. Revitalize on a stunner or Heavy Blow will do it. Some players can just drop Guardian Angel and have their stun established by the time it wears off.
- Most people who read this will require at least one extra stunner to help establish the lock. Executioner 4/9+ is the best, Thunder God works fine too. It is ideal to use both.
Your stunlock is considered established once all of your stuns and future stuns overlap, meaning that the boss will never get a chance to move again. The simplest way to demonstrate this is: Once you have a constant Triple stack from PD 7/9, all of your heroes will be attacking at 400ms intervals, meaning they proc every 2.8 seconds (faster sometimes thanks to Cupid). At this point Champion will stun for 3 seconds every 2.8 seconds and the boss is locked.
It can take quite awhile for PD to have a constant triple stack and you will be interchanging between a triple and double stack. Whilst double stacked your heroes attack at 600ms which means a proc every 4.2 seconds so until you’re established your time between Champion procs will vary. Unfortunately we can’t give the boss a window to hit you which is why we use Thunder God and Executioner in the hope that the their stuns overlap with the few milliseconds between the time your Champion’s proc ends and the next one happens (Heavy Blow can also be used to fill the gaps).
If you have 5 heroes including Cupid 7/9 and either: PD 8/9 OR PD with Berserk 3/5+ OR Revitalize on a stunner( or PD) or Revitalize 4/5+ on Cupid than your StunLock is easy:
- Drop a ranged hero that isn’t Cupid to draw aggro (Aries is the best 6th or a hero with Heavy Blow).
- Drop the rest of your heroes (Make sure PD and Champion are dropped BEFORE Cupid and that Champ is dropped before the other stunners), ideally Cupid is dropped last due to Attack Priorities.
- Once the boss is stunned OR he gets close to the hero he is targeting use Guardian Angel. By the time Guardian Angel wears off you have a stunlock.
If you have a 8 star PD (Level 140+) with 7/9 skill, a 4/9 Cupid and heroes that can tank a proc from the boss then your stunlock is also easy. Use PD, Executioner, Thunder God, Champion and Cupid:
- Drop PD to draw aggro and the rest of your heroes as fast as you can ( Champion first). Use Guardian Angel as soon as PD’s life gets under 50% and viola, the boss should help your PD get up to triple stack quickly where he is now self sustaining and your lock will start.
For those that do not have what’s required for the other two methods it is a little harder. You will need a Heavy Blow to start your stun. This means it may take a few attempts until your Heavy Blow lands. If you only have 5 bases you will use:
- PD 7/9
- Cupid 5/9+
- Executioner 4/9
- Ranged hero to draw aggro ( can not use Cupid and be 100% reliable unfortunately because of Attack Priority).
- Heavy Blow on at least one of these heroes.
You will drop your ranged hero to draw aggro. As soon as it is targeted we will drop our team, PD and Champion should be dropped before Cupid. You will need a Heavy Blow to land before the boss Procs or else you will need to exit and try again. Heavy Blow will Proc, once it wears off and the boss starts moving again we drop Guardian Angel and by the time Guardian Angel wears off your lock should be established.
3 Minute Survival Boss 1:
This is the method that most players will use.
The goal is to build an all round team that can survive the full 3 minutes and receive max reward from the boss. This is the default strategy for all 3 bosses if players can not stunlock.
Minimum you will need:
- PD 5/9 level 80+ with Inscriptions.
- Druid level 80+ with Inscriptions.
- Shaman 3/9
- Executioner (4/9) / Thunder God/ Succubus (3/9).
We will drop PD first to take aggro from boss and will drop Guardian Angel once our team has been placed. By the time Guardian Angel wears off your Shaman will have de-buffed the boss and your Druid should be able to out-heal the boss’s damage. The boss attacking PD will mean he is Procing faster which benefits your whole team.
If PD can not tank the boss well enough then try increasing Druids level and/or inscription levels so the heal outpaces the boss’s damage. If PD is dying right away then you need to increase his level and/or Inscriptions level.
3 Minute Survival Boss 2:
The goal is to build an all round team that can survive the full 3 minutes and receive max reward from the boss. This is the default strategy for all 3 bosses if players can not stun-lock.
Minimum you will need:
- PD 5/9 level 100+ with Inscriptions.
- Druid level 100+ with Inscriptions.
- Shaman 3/9 60+
- Champion 60+
- Executioner (4/9) / Thunder God/ Succubus (3/9) 60+
We will drop PD first to take aggro from boss and will drop Guardian Angel once our team has been placed. By the time Guardian Angel wears off your Shaman will have debuffed the boss and your Druid should be able to out-heal the boss. The boss attacking PD will mean he is Procing faster which benefits your whole team.
Your heroes need to be able to survive the boss’s Proc, if the second Proc is killing a particular hero just increase its level/Inscription level.
3 minute Survival Boss 3:
The goal is to build an all round team that can survive the full 3 minutes and receive max reward from the boss. This is the default strategy for all 3 bosses if players can not stun-lock. Minimum you will need:
- PD 6/9 level 120+ with Inscriptions.
- Druid level 120+ with Inscriptions.
- Shaman 3/9 120+ with Inscriptions.
- Champion 120+ with Inscriptions.
- Executioner (4/9) / Thunder God/ Succubus (3/9) 120+ with Inscriptions.
We will drop PD first to take aggro from boss and will drop Guardian Angel once our team has been placed. By the time Guardian Angel wears off your Shaman will have debuffed the boss and your Druid should be able to out-heal the boss’s damage. The boss attacking PD will mean he is Procing faster which benefits your whole team. Your team needs to survive the boss’s Proc and PD needs to be able to survive the Proc plus the normal damage from the boss’s attack. If you are struggling just increase the levels and/or inscription levels a bit.
Hit and Run
If you can not establish a stunlock or survive 3 minutes with a debuff team than your other option is Hit and Run. This essentially means: get in there, deal as much damage as you can for as long as you can survive, then re-enter and go again.
- Pumpkin Duke (Best dps hero in the game)
- Cupid ( More procs+ an attack buff)
- Druid (Heal and attack buff)
- Champion ( 3 second stun helps you last longer plus he has high attack)
- Thunder God ( Good attack plus a 1.5s stun)
- Succubus (For low levels she has the best DPS plus she helps survival with her debuff)
- Snowzilla (Best single target DPS in the game)
- Immortep ( Very good single target DPS)
- Vlad Dracula ( Very good single target DPS)
- Aries ( High attack and helps survival by shutting the bosses proc down)
- Moltanica ( High attack and debuff)
Heavy Blow is a valuable talent because it deals double damage when it lands and helps survivability with its stun. War God, Bulwark or Berserk are good talents on high damage dealers. High Flame Guard is ok as well.
Always drop your best tank to receive aggro to increase the amount of time you have the maximum number of heroes alive.